Digital leaders lined up to make HIMSS UK e-Health Week the unmissable tech event of 2018
LONDON, UK - (HealthTech Wire / News) - Returning to Olympia London for the fourth year on May 15 and 16, UK e-Health Week is devoted to the people and organisations that use the power of IT to transform health and care in the NHS and UK health and care system.
A number of high profile keynote speakers have been confirmed, including NHS England National Director for Operations and Information Matthew Swindells, NHS National Chief Clinical Information Officer (CCIO) Simon Eccles, NHS England Chief Digital Officer Juliet Bauer and Will Smart, Chief Information Officer (CIO) for Health and Care in England.
They will be joined on stage and in a series of debates and discussions by health tech pioneers including:
- Hal Wolf, President and CEO, HIMSS Global
- Rachel Dunscombe, Chief Executive of the NHS Digital Academy
- Dr Victoria Betton, Founder & Director of mHabitat
- Anne Cooper, Chief Nurse at NHS Digital
- Dr Harpreet Sood, Associate Chief Clinical Information Officer, NHS England
- Dominic Cushnan, Artificial Intelligence Lead for Digital and Social Transformation, NHS Horizons
- Russ Branzell, CEO and President CHIME
- Dr Afzal Chaudhry, Chief Clinical Information Officer at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Andy Kinnear, Chair, BCS Health and Director of Digital Transformation, NHS South Central and West CSU
- Dr Richard Corbridge, CIO Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
'UK e-Health Week is the opportunity we need to get the best professionals in the same place'
Hosted by HIMSS, a global, not-for-profit organisation working in e-health for more than 50 years, the UK e-Health Week agenda is developed in collaboration with NHS England and NHS Digital.
With an overall theme of using data, IT and tech to transform health and care, the event will guide around delegates through inspiring plenary discussions, informative workshops and practical tutorials.
Keynote speaker Matthew Swindells said:
“There has never been a bigger opportunity for IT to help us streamline patient care and deliver the efficiencies we need.
“UK e-Health Week is the opportunity we need to get the best professionals in the same place, talking about and taking away real solutions to the challenges that we face in order to help our clinical colleagues make the difference they want to make to patient outcomes.”
This year’s UK e-Health Week focuses on providing more than just the usual conference experience. Delegates will be encouraged to meet, learn and experience everything in health tech over the two days, to gather what they need to take solutions back to their workplace. Some of the opportunities:
Hear the latest from healthcare leaders on the future of health tech, population health, cyber security and much more.
Meet the Global Digital Exemplars, speakers, the leaders, the HIMSS Future50, sponsors, and patients who are shaping and delivering the health tech agenda.
Learn new skills, how others have done it, and how they can do it too, with real stories of success from the coalface.
Experience a warm welcome, loads of space and opportunities for networking, great food, free Wi-Fi, phone charging spots and plenty of opportunity to try the very latest in tech!
You can find out more information about UK e-Health Week 2018 here.